Word Press is a free and open source blogging tool, a Content Management System(CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. It’s the most popular UI. It is extensively used to enhance the look or functionality of a website without altering the information content or structure of the site, Word press users can create and develop their own custom theme, install it and switch between themes also. It has an in-built plug-in architecture and a template system which can be put to customization and multiple other uses.
Word Press has other advanced features also. The PHP, HTML and CSS Code found in themes can be added or edited for the purpose of providing advanced features. Besides, thousands of Word Press themes exist. Some for free use and some paid for templates alone. It has a database of over 30,000 Plug-ins. Native applications for Web OS, Android & IOS are also available. It also has other multi-user and multi-blogging facilities, integrated Link Management, etc. that support millions of websites.
However, the Word Press website is susceptible to hackers attack. They may enter in to the Admin area by brute force. In order to protect the system getting hacked the precautionary measures that ought to be taken are listed below in a nutshell:-
- Changing your default configuration
- Having complex password
- Backing up the website often
- Updating the website often
- Availing the Services of Backup buddy for restoring the hacked website
- Not using ‘admin’ as your username
- In case the password ‘admin’ is used, it has to be changed through PHP My Admin
- Avoiding easy passwords, or easy to guess passwords
Such measures can ensure the security of your Word Press Websites.